Newsflash: House loan and title without living in the property?

Hello guys, I really need some help on this.So, originally I was going to move in with my parents to this new house that my parents are still waiting to have it finish closing (papers and all). So I decided to change my mind and stay in the northern VA area since this is where the jobs are and I have few options for colleges.However, my mom wanted to transfer the loan to my name eventually (long story). Do I have to physically live in the house to have the loan and title transferred to me? This is for the state of Maryland btw. If I do, is there any way around this like a power of attorney or something since the house isn’t for commercial use it’s just my parents will be living there but I won’t.Thank you to anyone who can add some enlighten on this 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s