Newsflash: 15% down or wait and do 20% down?

We are looking for a house around 400-450k. We have 5% of the down payment saved up now in cash. We have another 10% (50k) in equity in our current home (conservatively).We can save up another $20k by February.Do you think it makes sense to wait until February/Spring until we have the full 20% down available? Seems like doing 15% now or in the fall might not make sense given how close we are to 20% and avoiding PMI.

Read more at https://www.reddit.com/r/RealEstate/comments/bpdxh8/15_down_or_wait_and_do_20_down/?utm_source=ifttt

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s