Newsflash: Using a Real Estate Attorney instead of a Real Estate agent to handle my side of a property sale? (Seattle WA)

I met a real estate agent at a an open house near me a couple of weeks ago, and mentioned to her that I was thinking of selling my place (I really want to move to the city that most of my family lives in), but was considering my options. She gave me her card, and arranged to have a developer look at my property last week. That developer made me an offer today, and this agent wants 3% for finding this deal.That is all fine, but my question is: I don’t really view this agent as my seller’s agent (we don’t have a contract). She has a prior relationship with that developer, and so I think she has a conflict of interest, and thus I should not use her to handle my side of this transaction, as one might in a normal listing.I think my most prudent move here is to hire a Real Estate Attorney to handle my side of this transaction? …which I’ve never done before (I’ve never sold property before). I’m curious what I should expect? Do such Attorney’s charge a flat rate? Or is it a % of the sales price?And other than using the yellow pages or google, what is a good way to find a good one?(I’m cross posting this question from the same question I asked in /r/legaladvice)



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s